20110301

Adjustment of Status: Request for Missing Evidence

So I thought I did well with the paper work...

This morning came a letter from the USCIS requesting for a missing evidence in relation to Form I-864 Affidavit of Support. What went wrong was, I only attached Honey's W-2 copy in the application, without the Federal Income Tax return for the last two years. In the letter it says that my sponsor (Honey) did not meet or exceed the 125% for a 2 size household in the poverty guideline and that I was given a choice to have a joint sponsor or declare Honey's asset value. I was confused with how they wrote the letter because as far as the poverty guideline is concerned, the bracket for a 2 size household was only $19,000 more or less yearly income, and we declared more as was declared in Honey's 2010 W-2.

We went to consult our case this afternoon with an immigration attorney just to be enlightened with what the USCIS really meant in the letter, sometimes they have the tendency of overdoing their instructions that it messes up my analysis. Luckily this attorney did not charge us anything for the consultation and just gave us a clear instruction on what to do, that is to file Honey's 2010 Federal Income Tax Return and get the proof of income from his work. That was easy, but when you read the letter from the USCIS, damn what a headache!

We are going to finish everything tomorrow so we could get our missing evidence to the USCIS office before my scheduled biometrics. I so want to work already and I don't want anymore delays!

No comments: