20120527

The TV is Here...

We went early after noon to Sears to get the much awaited Samsung Smart TV. We got a good deal today because there was an ongoing sales event because of the upcoming memorial day tomorrow. The supposed to be $1000+ inclusive of taxes was paid at $917, a very good deal for a 2012 Samsung Smart TV. The feeling right now is unbeatable. Huge slim flat screen in front of our bed, high definition and all, it is awesome!

The downside of the story though came when we switched our Netflix subscription to streaming from dvd. Originally, we just thought about buying a bigger TV, but lately the thought of streaming Netflix unlimited excited us. Until we logged on to Netflix on our new TV and found out that the content is only limited. I called them to explain to me the difference of the contents in between the streaming and the dvd, and they said the streaming only has 14,000 movies and shows and that they are kind of outdated. I was surprised too when I browsed the streaming and did not find the classic movie Forest Gump.

Oh well, a little bit frustrated with Netflix here, but what can I do. We are in the middle of deciding of whether to keep the dvd or the streaming subscription. I for one still want the streaming, but since we are in the middle of a test preparation, I figured the streaming could really be a huge distraction at this point, especially for Honey! Need I say more? I though I was pretty clear about this in my previous post! :-)

We have another milestone we are about to take together as a couple. We are enlisting in the US Navy! More about it and the preparations we are taking in my upcoming posts. Right now I swear I could use another math refresher!

No comments: