20091226

A Piece of Evidence from Rendel Himself


The cover was "From My Heart, Especially For You" - a Musicard of the song "Each Day With You", dated February 14, 1998 (I would be submitting this card for valuation to Mana Davao and see what this card is worth at present ;)).

On that night, my high school high went to our old house in the province. That was 8 or 9 in the evening and we were outside in the garden, me, my mom and my aunt when my fan arrived. My fan didn't come all by himself, he was with his twin and shadow during his early years - his cousin Angela. To give due justice to Honey, he may have brought his cousin there because Angela knew where our house was. Angela was a close friend of my bestfriend's sister, and we went to the same school so that may explain why it was easy to use her as a tool, hehe.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Rendel at all, so you could just imagine how my spirit flew up in the sky for the super mega kilig factor when I confirmed that was really him standing infront of me! Kung hawd lang ko magpa-collapse sa una nagpa-collapse na lang unta ko ba para effect. That was the first brave and close encounter we had during my 2nd year! The kilig factor from the countless far encounters was automatically overruled, I was thinking oh my, I had a sure story for Shelah again the following day and this one would really have all my girl classmates giggling!

My mom recalls she noticed that Rendel was hiding something in his back. Honey recalls how I was so impatient with my mom that night that i shooed her away so we could have our moment na! I recall how I was so out of myself that night, then Honey handed me the Valentines Card. O ha? Wala'y makapildi sa moment!

Forgive me Honey, but I am sharing the content of the card ;)

On the first page:

"No matter how the world rushes to experience, one change after another, I'd hold on to this feeling meant especially for you..." (HARDCORE!!!)

On the second page:

"Weariness won't reach my heart when it comes to wishing for all the wonderful things to happen in your life. You deserve happiness as someone who spreads joy to every soul. Amidst the restlessness and inconsistencies of time, I'd always care to see your every dream coming true."

Ug ang pinakakuyaw jud sa tanan nga nakasulat, the card was written in a special penmanship that goes, "Dearest Cathy, I'm looking forward to our "FRIENDSHIP". Huh? Friendship lang man diay! Ug ang pamatay jud nga Cathy ang gibutang. I don't want to discount the signature, "The one who cares, HEART, Bobong". Whoaaaaah! Winner!

Haha, funny. So that's it. I'm glad I kept this too. This was the original of the HoneyFIED collectibles I have. I want to make it clear though that Honey kept my letters too, letters dating back from our 2nd year high school! Someday I'll have him post it here so he can redeem himself...

No comments: