20100108

More of My High School High-Being with the Drum and Bugle Corps Part 1

I was part of the drum and bugle corps during my high school and I was in since my 2nd year, that was school year 1997-1998 to be precise. Our school had 2 campuses; I stayed at the annex campus while Rendel was at the main campus. That was not really a very conducive set-up for my high school kilig moments, but nevertheless I got the high. On Mondays, the flag ceremony was held at the main campus, it was like a week starter as we get to hear announcements from the Head Teacher, the School Principal, and the School Superintendent. During Mondays too, I was with the school band and played Lupang Hinirang and the Alma Mater Song, we played beside the stage so I really had a good view of the students lined up in their respective rows! It was every Mondays too after the United Nations event that my eyes went scanning for the row where Rendel was. I don't recall seeing him during the flag ceremonies though, maybe because he always came late ;) But I recall the feeling of excitement; I recall the feeling of looking forward to each and every Monday of that school year just to catch a glimpse of my high school high.

No comments: