20110124

House Chores

This week is me and Honey's turn with the housework.

My mother in law made an alternating schedule for all of us who lives in this house so everybody gets a load of housework. The thing is, there are six of us here and she realized why is it that at her age she still get to do all of the chores when in fact she can just assign it to us! So here comes the assignments, it comes every 3 weeks and we work by pair. It is basic housecleaning plus the cooking. I'm pretty much cool with this idea because I am liking the cooking experience, but just that its unfortunate that everybody will have to put up with my cooking! I cook real bad, everything I cook is just practice, sometimes I cook the perfect meal but most of the times i don't and i pity my housemates for that hehe. My mom back home did not train me to cook, and I regret the days I didn't seek for her recipes because now I sure need some of her homecooking wisdom! I miss her adobo, it is her specialty amongst all. The secret to her adobo is to put more soy sauce over vinegar, or not to put any vinegar at all then add a little sugar to taste, i just learned this lately, and, over the phone. Ohhhh how I miss my mom's adobo...

Yesterday i cooked soy chicken, it is one whole chicken by the way and I don't feel like eating it! Honey and his mom ate some of it hehe. So next I am planning to cook beef caldereta, I already asked for my favorite Uncle's recipe and I think this one will come out perfect! My uncle is the best cook ---EVER! Then what? Just when I am all set out to cook it, here comes Honey telling me "LETS JUST BUY FOOD BABY". Alright ;)

No comments: