20111111

Wedding Ring

Lately, there is a need for me to wear my ring to work.

When we got married on January, Honey and I didn't put that much effort on finding our rings. We picked our rings only to have something to put on during the ceremony, without the intent of wearing them everyday. It was almost Thanksgiving Day when I arrived and it was when we shopped for our rings.

We picked 19k cubic zirconia rings for about $150 already for the both of us. I intentionally did not pick a band because I just wanted a ring that is not too boring, and one that wouldn't look like a wedding ring at all. Guess what, now I am super regretting it!


Here's what is going on lately, there are guys that have been hitting on me at my work and I am not liking it. Being at the service side of the boat, my job is to engage customers in a conversation and be friendly and always smile, but I do not flirt. I don't think I am capable of flirting at all. Occasionally I insert personal stories just so I could mention my "husband" and let them know that I am married, and I thought I have been successful.

I didn't know that wearing a ring is a big deal here in America. So I would hear, you're married? You're not wearing a ring! Yes I am married and I am happy, I would say.

So yesterday, I started to wear my ring again. Actually I have been wearing both rings since Honey is not using his ring so I use both so I could get them sit in my finger comfortably. They are just not the right fit for me, unfortunately. I wear them both so it would look legit, its like an engagement and a wedding ring. Unfortunately again, I have to wear them in my right finger, the wrong side, since it will not fit my left finger. Whew! This is all becoming all to sweaty for me!

Plan: To get legit wedding rings in the Philippines as soon as possible! In there it is cheaper, and in there it is already custom-made. When will that day be realized oh Lord?!!!


***By the way, today is the mark of this blog's third year, so happy birthday my dear blog! 11-11-11!

No comments: