20110906

Our September: First Strike

So we planned to go shopping.


Yesterday, Labor day, was the smartest day to implement the plan. Oh how I love America! Did I tell you that shopping here during vast sale events is really AWESOME? Or beyond that! Items really go on TRUE SALE, and these items are always great finds!

Before we hit the factory outlet in Milpitas, we stopped over at our favorite buffet place in Sunnyvale, it was to prepare our body for the long and endless hours of walking around that big box! The Sunny Buffet is really becoming my favorite, what with its meaty crabs and delicious mushrooms! Yum!

Labor day by the way is not your usual shopping day, as expected, parking was scarce. Honey and me, together with my mother-in-law hit the mall at 2pm. I'd say that I am really picky when it comes to shopping, I have this particular thing in mind that I want to buy and that is what I search for when shopping, and I won't settle for anything else, unless I find a really appealing stuff, or worse, when I had to go home empty-handed, like what almost happened yesterday.

The story...

When we entered the mall, we stopped at PacSun first, a retail outlet that sells brands like Billabong, O'Neill, Roxy, Fox and their own brand. I wasn't surprised that Honey did not come out empty handed - it was where he found his 3 pairs of shorts, and maybe 5 or so pieces of shirts, my mother-in-law also got herself something. It was crazy, the store was selling items on BOGO (Buy One, Get One half the price) already, plus an additional 30% discount upon checkout, I mean, how cool is that?! Another good thing about America is, we can easily afford material things without working too hard on it, or saving months and months for it, we could get it whenever we want to as long as we are getting our paycheck. Yesterday, a day or two worth or work is enough to cover what we bought for ourselves actually, and of course, we were already very happy.

But... there was almost a mishap. 5 hours passed by and I still only have that 1 piece of dress from Hollister (original price was $39, on sale at $16, plus an extra 40% at checkout, and I only paid $9), I swear my mood turned bitter! I almost bought myself another set of undies or a bottle of perfume just so I would not go home empty-handed! Looking at Honey and mother-in-law just picking whatever they see really pissed me off! So I raised the red flag, and we were on our way to Macy's at the last hour, from Milpitas to Oakridge.

I was thinking to get me a pair of sunglasses or make-up, but then I decided to go for the make-up. I thought it was about time to stop buying drugstore cosmetics, I have been on them since the day I learned how to put them on... Though it was really quite a splurge, and I signed up again for another credit card just to get an extra 15% from my purchase, I went home a happy baby. =)

When I tried to put on that dress I bought from Hollister and it was really really so beautiful, Honey was about in time to decide he'll return an item or two (here goes another interesting story by the way, he bought 3 pairs of cargo pants at Old Navy, but all he wanted was the belt that comes free with them), and so I told him to get me another 3 pieces, and now I have 4 of them! I am ready for Philippines!

No comments: