20111231

Budget

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

My husband and I are doing our best to watch our budget lately, as a lot of people are. And by “my husband and I,” I mean “I” am trying to watch my budget. My husband is far better at saving money than I am, as I tend to view money as fairly expendable. It’s something we’re working on slowly, so we’ve been trying to cut costs where we can. I stumbled across DirectStarTV the other day and noticed that we could be saving a lot of money on our TV costs. We’ve had cable since we got married, and I figured out that we could get a ton more channels, plus some pretty awesome movie channels, for less than we’d been spending every month. We made a quick call to make the switch, and it’s been one of the easiest ways we’ve found to save money. I may or may not be spending some of that extra money on shoes, but like I said, I’m working on it. Rome wasn’t built in a day, right? That’s what I tell my husband, at least.

No comments: