20110619

Learning the Guitar

I could play less than 10 chords, most are open chords and some simple flats and sharps. I've learned how to strum the guitar from church back in the olden days...

Honey has a guitar sitting on top of the cabinet just outside our door, and I never thought his guitar isn't cheap! So, I took it out and have it in our room for inspiration, so it could be put to use and have both of us learn some songs to play. Cool right? By the way, here is a photo of the now USEFUL guitar, I was amazed it was actually in tune haha!


Two days ago Honey had to play football with some newbies at the PayPal field and I decided to come but I stayed in the car with the guitar together with a chord book and two sheets of printed songs...


I am feeling the callouses growing at my fingertips but I like it! There is nothing more important than to learn some songs and stage a make believe that we are really good at playing this instrument haha! It is fun to have something new to do without having to spend anything for it anymore... I wonder if there are anything else that I could find around the house that could arouse my interest and could engage us lovebirds.

There is this particular song that we are really so hooked up into right now, a duet, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now is the title, and this is our ultimate goal to learn how to strum this song and to be able to sing along with the strumming! This is just a 4-chord song but the heck it is just so ambitious! I have already asked my cousin in the Philippines to upload a video tutorial so we could practice this song and perfect it.

Slowly reading on some guitar tutorials online and is hoping that I could keep my interest on it. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Hence72 said...

hey, great blog. i'd love for you to come visit some time and let me know what you think