20110627

Some Old Things Have To Go

Or not really...

Let me show an old pair of Nike Air Force 1...This had been Honey's shoes for three or so years...


Honey had been using the above shoes for quite some time already, it could pass for an antique collection by the look of it! First seen it in 2008, but he actually had one other pair of this shoe design but of another color but unfortunately it has to go first.

Me and my mother in law have been suggesting for Honey to get a new pair of shoes, but he wasn't listening for the reason that he is already comfortable using this shoes and that they've been together anywhere - so there is this kind of emotional attachment to this shoes that he couldn't let it go... He gave away a few couple of shoes to his relatives in the Philippines, I was shocked the moment I saw his closet as he brought like 10 pairs of shoes all in all during his vacation three years ago! Then all of a sudden, the shoe fanatic just settled for the above shoes, and he didn't care.

I have to agree with the comfort part you know, and maybe I have to agree a little on the emotional attachment part as well. I have some shoes or slippers that have been with me for a longer period of time, only that, I don't wear them everyday so I have a reason to keep them right?

For Honey's birthday I had talked him out to buy him two pairs of about the same kind of shoes as my birthday gift, and he agreed. I thought we could get rid of this red shoes already but for some reason sentimental, I still find this shoes in the shoe rack by the door! The very reason why I couldn't help myself from posting it here, hehe...

No comments: