20120331

Are We Safe?

I came home today and noticed that the door towards the backyard was open, I went thru that door and found that the door to the garage was open too, which leads to the door to the kitchen and to the whole house! Fabulous! What a chain of uneventful events. Even though we are living in this very safe neighborhood as my housemates would say, certainly we are not bulletproof.It has been a long time since Sierra Lamar was reported missing, and I am one of the many who's wishing that she is some place safe. I have seen a lot of young girls, both single and married, who were gone and been reported missing in this TV show called Mysterious Disappearances, and not any one of them were found alive. Creepy. Seems to me that nowadays nobody is safe even at the confines of their own homes.I have seen advertisements on TV about home security systems and I am seriously thinking of getting one right now. I don't want to feel paranoid, especially at times when I am left here all by myself. It is just isn't normal.

There are six of us at home, but oftentimes I find myself being left alone. That is when I double check all the doors make sure they are secured and just be in my room, blinds closed, doors locked and triple locked. I don't believe in a "safe neighborhood" anymore, especially not these days. I don't know why my housemates are comfortable leaving the doors open and it is freaking me out. I don't have the voice at this house so I couldn't lecture them about securing the locks so I might as well just make a move and get the security alarm product from http://besthomesecurity.com. If we have it in the house, everybody will benefit from it, and that would really help me bring back my peace of mind. There is nothing wrong about precautionary measures, I am surely freaking out but if this means safety, I would spend on it.

No comments: