20120318

First Time PAP Test

On to the next level! As planned...

On Monday, I went to have my first ever PAP test, needless to say and of course wasn't surprising that I freaked out big time! I was supposed to have my husband in the room but decided at the last second that I got it on my own, thus, doctor doctor has to deal with me right there for a little longer.

Let me introduce you to the speculum... This was exactly the tool the doctor used to do it, you know, she said for first timers, this tool is highly recommended so I went for it!


So for all of you ladies who don't have any idea how it is like, I got to say that it was nothing to go crazy about, it was done in a snap, just like that. It didn't really hurt as I imagined, but it was just uncomfortable spreading your legs and exposing yourself in the most funny position ever! Maybe the use of the speculum really helped. My gynecologist is an Indian woman and she understood my concern having this test for the first time at the age of 28, duh??? It was not implied necessary in the Philippines, as well as in India. I was glad she was careful enough and she really handled me well. My schedule shows I will have to do a PAP test every three years, so well, until the next time!

2 comments:

Swexie said...

Nadayon ra jud imohang pap test. Congrats gurl! Hehehe!

kaRR said...

Correct! More to come kay mura'g every year or every three years sya buhaton...